Sunday, September 29, 2013

WELL THIS IS SUPER AWKWARD: An Update On The Stephen Glass Story

Well do I feel stupid. After rediscovering the article (I have a printed copy on my desk) online, I have found that my copy was indeed missing 5/6 of the article. I have corrected my mistake now, and have seen that the article is much better than I presumed it to be. I must admit, despite my own mistake, (which does make me look quite dumb, I am aware) I feel that Vanity Fair should let you print out full articles, as to stop this from happening to other people. I will admit this mistake, as it was a big one. The article became much more informative and quite frankly, more interesting as it went on. My apologies to Buzz Bissinger for slamming his writing, as it got much better. I guess one thing I can take from this (besides to always check millions of times that I have the whole story) is that the beginning of an article does not fully always represent the whole thing, just as a sample statistic of a population does not represent the whole world. From now on, I will not simply let the first page grab my attention, I will read a whole story before deciding on it's entertainment value and purpose. For your own enjoyment, and a few laughs at your own expense, I have left my TOW up. In addition, I ask you, as you read my TOW to read only the first page of this article. http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/archive/1998/09/bissinger199809
You will understand my viewpoint (I hope). After you have read my TOW and ONLY that piece of the article, I suggest reading the rest, because it turned out to be very good. Once again, my apologies to Buzz, Vanity Fair, and to myself for being super dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment