Monday, November 4, 2013

IRB Intro #2 I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson

For my new IRB I have chosen to read I'm A Stranger Here Myself: Notes on Returning To America After 20 Years Away by Bill Bryson. To be honest, I picked this book one day because my mom couldn't pick me up right away at school and I went to the library to wait for her. I decided to just look at the non-fiction section because I knew that I needed a new IRB and this one looked interesting. Everything about it from the description on the back to the reviews seemed funny, and I think that's what I was looking for. When I choose an IRB, I want to enjoy it, and personally I enjoy humor quite a bit. This seemed like a good fit. It's about a guy who returns to America after 20 years and his notes on what appears to be different and how he is learning to adjust to this new life. It should be interesting, to say the least. Also, Bryson is known for his humor apparently, and his books usually rate very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment