Tuesday, February 4, 2014

IRB INTRO #3 Doing School: Aka the explanation of how school makes me crazy.

For this new marking period, I will be reading Doing School by Denise Clark Pope. I decided to start reading it, mostly because when I asked Mr. Yost for a book recommendation he handed me this book, but also because it seems really interesting. The title is followed by a colon and a simple explanation. It reads, "Doing School: How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed-Out, Materialistic, and Miseducated Students." Although I absolutely abhor this style of titling a book (there's a back cover for a REASON!) I genuinely feel that this short addition sums up the book pretty well. Or, so it seems as of now. The book is a more serious spin on nonfiction writing than I've been reading, and I am intrigued as to how it will go. I can't wait to read this book and see, as a student; how schools are influencing me. Here goes nothing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment